Our education and training programs give you the tools and know-how to enhance your skills. For individuals and organisations, Scope offers the following training in the following areas:
- How to make communication aids
- Assessing communication
- The strategies and tools required to support people with communication difficulties. This includes people with intellectual disabilities, Autism Spectrum Disorders, acquired brain injuries and those who have behaviours of concern
- How to make written information accessible for people who have literacy difficulties
- Using a sensory-focused approach, meaningful participation for people with profound intellectual and multiple disabilities (PIMD)
- Communication access, making communities more accessible for people with little or no speech
- Specialised iPad workshops
The 2016 training and education calendar as provided by Scope’s Communication and Inclusion Resource Centre is below. To register for one of our scheduled workshops please complete an application form or talk to us about arranging a session for your workplace.
Please click here for a print version of our 2016 Training Calendar.
For more information on the training outlined above please contact Scope’s Communication and Inclusion Resource Centre: Phone: (03) 9843 2000 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
GISS (Gastrostomy Information and Support Services) Workshop
This competency based workshop, presented by staff from the Gastrostomy Information and Support Society (GISS), is:
– practical and interactive
– suitable for anyone who might need to support someone who has a gastrostomy or jejunostomy tube.
The session includes an overview of gastrostomies, equipment, methods of providing nutrition through a tube, hygiene, types of tubes, trouble shooting, and managing modified medications.
Support workers, speech pathologists, dieticians, child care workers and family members all find this workshop provides valuable information and skill development.
On completion of assessment of theory and practice participants receive a certificate.
Scope Glen Allen Training Room, Allen Street Glen Waverley
Time: 9:30pm – 1:30pm
|March 24||April 28||May 24||June 16|
|June 21||September 15||October 20||November 24|
Scope Glenroy Training Room, 177 Glenroy Road, Glenroy
Time: 9:30am – 1:30pm
|February 23||August 18|
Duration: One 4 hour session
Cost: $187 (inc GST).
Cost is subject to change.
Tea and coffee supplied.
Additional workshops can be delivered at other locations by arrangement.
A 2.5 hour refresher workshop is available to previous participants in the full half day workshop who wish to review and refresh their work practices.
Nasogastric tube training is also available on request.
Registering for workshops
Workshop places are limited and booking is essential.
The workshop registration form is available to download here.
For further information contact (03) 9843 2011
Schools, corporate and community education programs
Scope also offers education programs to businesses, organisations, local governments, schools and community groups across Victoria. Scope’s education programs aim to foster understanding and promote the importance of creating welcoming and inclusive communities for people living with a disability. Programs can be tailored to suit the goals of your organisation. Scope’s education programs are workshop-style education program guiding organisations in how to interact and communicate to people with a disability. To find out more about the programs offered click here